Top 10 Blackboard Features
- Student Preview Mode allows you to view your course through a student’s perspective.
- Bb Instructor, Bb Grader and Bb app enables users to access content from their mobile devices.
- Collaborate Ultra is a video conferencing tool that lets you add files, share applications, and use a virtual whiteboard to interact with students.
- Dropbox allows users to easily link to and upload their Dropbox content into the course.
- Qwickly Attendance allows faculty to record student participation It also allows you to have it automatically graded in the Grade Center.
- Date Management allows instructors to adjust all availability dates, dues date, and adaptive release all on the same page.
- Test Access Log shows a detailed list of how much time a student spends on each question.
- Test Exception allows you to make exceptions for individual students without affecting other students.
- A submission receipt is captured at the time of submission and includes information such as attached file information, date, time, etc.
- Reminders can be sent from the Grade Center to notify students of missing tests or assignments.
- Grade Center Statistics gives you an overview of students performance on assessments.
- Grade History allows you to view all grade actions & submissions within a course
- Color coding the grade center allows you to visually interpret information quickly.
Top 7 Tips to Enhance Learning Experience for Students
- Make the course easier to navigate by using sub headers, dividers, renaming tabs, and having a banner.
- Have an introduction video to welcome students to the course and give them an overview.
- Syllabus Quiz ensures that students review the syllabus and have a clear understanding of it.
- Having introductions in DB is crucial to promoting student collaboration and connection.
- Use the Description field of the folder to let students know what’s inside.
- Set requirements for DB so students clearly know what you expect from their threads.
- Set due dates so students can see when they are due in their calendar.