NB: Please use this feature with extreme caution. You do not want to add individual(s) to your Bb course site(s) who are not supposed to be added because they didn’t pay for the course, for example.
How to add users to your Bb course site(s):
- On the Control Panel, click on “Users and Groups” section then click “Users”
2. On the Users page, click on “Find Users to Enroll”.
3. Type the exact username of the individual you want to add (usually, the same as the Tiger Tracks/Central Id). You can type as many usernames as needed that must be separated with commas.
4. Select a Role and click Submit.
If you do not know the individual’s username, you can search for them using their last name instead.
- Follow steps 1 and 2 from above, but instead of typing in the username, select the “Browse” button.
- A new window will open up with several search option. First, change your search criteria to “Last Name” and “Contains.”
- Next, type in the individual’s last name and select “Go.” This will show all of the Blackboard users with this last name.
*** An important tip: there might be several individuals with this last name, so to make your search easier, please do the following: Select “Show all” at the bottom of the page, this will show all the users on one page. Then hit “Ctrl+F” on your keyboard, this will initiate a search bar to show up. You can then narrow down your search by typing in the user’s first name so it will take you directly to that user.
4. Once you have selected the user, change their role to “Student,” or whatever role you desire them to have. Then make sure you mark their Enrollment Availability “yes.”
6. The user will then show up in your list of users as available.
Questions? Contact TigerTech at 785-628-3478. FACULTY ONLY email firstname.lastname@example.org.