Collaborate with Commenters
Next week commenters will be able to add slides to VoiceThreads without needing full edit access.
This feature will be available on Friday, October 28.
Anyone with commenting access can add a slide to your VoiceThread with these steps:
- Open the VoiceThread.
- Click on the postcard icon at the bottom of the VoiceThread to see all slides.
- Click on the “+” button.
- Opt to upload a file, record and audio slide, or record a video slide.
- Finish recording or uploading that slide.
- A window will pop up with a preview of what was just created. Give the slide a title, and save.
All work will be saved automatically. Contributors can edit their own slides by hovering their mouse over the slide they created. The pencil icon is for editing, and the trash can icon is for deleting.
Note: This feature will only apply to people who have explicit permission to comment on your VoiceThread. This means you need to share with someone individually or share with a group. Simply making a VoiceThread pubic would not allow anyone to add a slide.
To disable this option so that commenters cannot add slides of their own:
- Edit your VoiceThread.
- Click on the “Options” button in the top-right corner.
- Select “Playback Settings” from the menu.
- Un-check the box for “Allow commenters to add slides to this VoiceThread”.
What else is new in VoiceThread?
If you are the owner or editor of a VoiceThread and you have a Pro or Pro Educator account, you can search for individual commenters on that VoiceThread.
To use this feature:
- Open your VoiceThread.
- Click on the magnifying glass at the bottom of your VoiceThread.
- Search for a specific commenter and click on the name of the person whose comments you want to view.
Tip: If you check the box for “Show related comments”, you’ll see any threaded comments related to those made by the selected person.
Just grab the share link for any YouTube video and use that in the URL import option when creating a slide. This will pull that YouTube video into your VoiceThread so that you can record comments and doodle on it.
Now when you copy a VoiceThread, the preferences you set on the original are copied over to the new one.