Qwickly Attendance is a tool integrated in Blackboard that allows faculty to take attendance from their course shell. The attendance is automatically graded in the Grade Center. Faculty also have the option to take the attendance themselves or allow students to check in on their own.
How to Set up Qwickly Attendance
- Access Qwickly Attendance under your course tools located in the course management area.
- You will be asked to set-up the settings for Qwickly attendance.
- Once you are done with the settings, click the save settings button at the bottom of the page.
Grade Center Integration
You are also able to integrate attendance into your Grade Center.
- In your settings there is a Grade Center Integration area.
- You have the option to set up a Grade Center Column and have the points associated with be total points or points per session.
- Once you have made those changes you will click the save settings button found at the bottom of the page.
Once you have set up the Qwickly Attendance you are still able to access the settings to make any changes. You can access the settings by clicking the settings link found at the top of the Qwickly Attendance page.
Custom Course Statuses
System Attendance Statuses are built in statuses you can use to take attendance. You can also create custom attendance statuses.
- Access the Attendance settings and scroll to the Attendance Statuses section.
- Under Custom Course Statuses, click on the Add Status button.
- You then will fill out the order number, points, absence and color. Then, click on the save settings button.
- In the example below We have made a custom status for a Tardy, worth 90% of the points, with an absence of 33%, which means 3 tardies is equal to an absence. The absence area can be disregarded and kept at 0%.
You can easily change a student’s attendance status to correct an error or view a student’s attendance record.
- To access the attendance record:
- Click on the Attendance Record Link located at the top of the page. This will give you access to your student’s attendance record.
- To correct an attendance error:
- Locate the student needing the correction made.
- Locate the date for the correction and click on the cell. You then will be able to make any changes.
- Make sure to click on the Save Record button to save the changes you made.
Qwickly Attendance Overview Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=-daATwcFsvQ