A student receives the following error when posting an assignment, “Sorry, we do not think you are logged in to SafeAssign. Your session may have timed out. If you have received this message in error, please contact your system administrator.”
Solution to give to students:
Check your browser to be sure it is configured to accept 3rd party cookies. Alternatively, clear out the cookies from your browser, clear temporary internet files, and the java temporary files. The problem has mostly been with Firefox and Safari on MACs.
See Blackboard Compatible Browsers Settings page for more information.
To Allow Third-party Cookies:
Select Preferences from the Firefox menu
Click the Privacy tab.
Place a check beside “Accept third party cookies” and “Accept third party cookies.”
Click here for detailed instructions
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- In the “Privacy” section, click the Content settings
- In the “Cookies” section, you can change the following cookies settings
- Place a check beside “Allow local data to be set ” and click Done
Open the Safari menu and select Preferences,
Click the Security tab
Select the radio button beside “Always” under Accept Cookies.