Respondus is a tool for creating and managing exams that can be printed to paper or published directly to Blackboard. Exams can be created offline using a familiar Windows environment, imported from a MS Word document or moved from one Blackboard course to another. Fort Hays State University has obtained a campus-wide license for the Respondus software.
For a step-by-step video tutorial- https://ilos.video/HwRr98
Import a Test to Blackboard
- To import a test to Blackboard using Respondus, click on “Import Questions” under the “Start” tab.
- Once you have imported a test in Respondus, go to the “Preview and publish” tab and click on “Publish to Blackboard.” Once you have done this, click on the “Publish Wizard.”
- Select a Blackboard server you would like to use to open the test. If you do not have a server already created, select the “add a new server option.” If you already have a server created, skip to step number 9.
4. In the next window make sure the “Yes” option is selected and click “Next”.
5. You are then brought to a different window and you will need to select the “Blackboard at FHSU” option and click “OK”.
6. The next window will ask you to give the server a name. After you enter a name, make sure the “Run connection test” is selected to make sure you will connect to the server. After you have done this select “Next.”
7. You will then be asked to login to Blackboard. After you login in you can close out of the window by selecting “Close after Login.”
8. You are then brought to a window that shows the results of the connection test, click “Next” and then click “Finish” at the new window.
9. Once you have created or selected a server, click “Next” and log in to your Blackboard account and close the window after you are logged in.
10. After clicking next you will need to log into your Blackboard account. After logging in click “Next.”
11. A new pop up window will appear that asks you to choose the course you wish to publish to and will require you to fill out the test information. After you have finished click “Next”.
12. You are then brought to a new window that shows the results of importing the test. Click “Finish.”
If you are having issues importing your test to blackboard, please try these troubleshooting steps.
- Check for updates-
- At the top left of the respondus page, locate and click on the “Help” button.
- Go ahead and click on “Check for Updates”. The program will then notify you if there are any updates.
- If there are, a new popup window will appear. You then will want to click on the “Get Update” button.
- Run Internet Explorer in the background-
- Go ahead and open Internet Explorer.
- You will want to log into Blackboard.
- Once you have successfully logged in, minimize Internet Explorer and continue with Respondus.