Voice Thread (VT) integration in Bb allows instructors to create a VT Link that can be a:
- VT Home: A Link for Sign-up and Sign-in to VT.
- VT Assignment Builder: Watch, comment or submit a VT Presentation
- VT Course View: To view all VT presentations of once course in one page
- Individual VT: To view a specific VT presentation.
To create a VT link:
- Enter the content area where you want to add the Voice Thread Activity link.
- Click “Build Content.”
- Click “Voice Thread.”
- Choose and enter a name for the VT link.
- DO NOT fill out the description; it will break the Vt link. Bb and Vt are working to resolve this bug. Please put instructions or descriptions in a separate item above the Vt link.
- Select “Yes” or “No” under the Grading section. You must select YES if you want to set up this link to a graded assignment. If “Yes” selected, input the number of points possible. This will create a column in the Grade Center automatically.
- Click Submit
Now that your Voice Thread link created, you should proceed to select how the link should “behave” according to the activity you want your students to complete:
- Click on the link that you just created. On the next page (in the “Voice Thread Setup” page), chose one of these 4 options:
Option #1: Click “VT Home”
—->This will enable an access point to VoiceThread. If you (the instructor) or your students do NOT have a VT account, clicking on this link will create an account for you automatically (automatic sign-up).
—->If you (the instructor) or your students have already VT account through FHSU license, clicking on this link will sign you-in automatically (automatic sign-in) to your VT account.
Option #2: Click “Assignment Builder”
You are then given three options;
“Create Voice Thread” or “Submit a Comment” or “Watch a Voice Thread.”
Enter a description of the assignment and click “Create Assignment.”
After you have created the Voice Thread Assignment, you will be directed to a page that says “Assignment Created”, and you are given the option to return to the course. Click Return to course. You will go back to the content area in which you created the Voice Thread link.
Once you have submitted the assignment and you see it in the content area, do the following:
- Click on the VT Assignment link
- You will be directed to the Submission page.
- Here you can view, grade, and even remind students of the upcoming due dates.
Option #3: Click “Individual VT”
Here you can view any VoiceThread that you have created. When students click this link, they will only see the current VoiceThread that you selected.
Option #4: Click “Course View”
Course View lets you display the collection of VoiceThreads that have been shared with your course.
GRADING VT STUDENT WORK:
WHEN YOU ARE READY TO GRADE A STUDENT’S VOICETHREAD ACTIVITY, CLICK ON THE VOICETHREAD LINK THAT YOU HAVE ALREADY CREATED. IF STUDENTS HAVE SUBMITTED THEIR WORK, THE “VT GRADER” WILL BE DISPLAYED. TO GRADE FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
- CLICK A STUDENT’S NAME ON THE RIGHT SIDE TO SEE THE SUBMISSION. YOU CAN ALSO CLICK ANY COMMENTS THAT HAVE BEEN LEFT BELOW THEIR NAME.
- TO JUMP TO GRADING RIGHT AWAY SIMPLY ENTER THE GRADE BESIDE THE STUDENTS NAME.
- HIT “ENTER.”
- THE GRADE WILL BE IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE THROUGH BLACKBOARD GRADE CENTER TO THE STUDENTS.
ATTENTION: VT Assignments are graded on percentages!! That is, if you assign 5 points (for example) for an activity and want to give a student 5 points, you must enter 100 in the “VT Grader.” Until this is fixed, take care to use round numbers for points possible and simple percentages such as 50 or 100.
Questions? Contact TigerTech at 785-628-3478. FACULTY ONLY email firstname.lastname@example.org.