We are now making the feature available so instructors can complete their own course copies. This will allow instructors to have control of when the course copy is completed instead of waiting for us. Please follow the given instructions to complete the copy, and if you have difficulty doing so please give us a call at 785-628-3478, or set up a time to meet with us and we can assist you with the process.
How to complete a course copy:
- First, open up your destination course, this is the course you will be copying the information Make sure it is an empty course shell before you do course copy.
- Once you’ve made sure your destination course is empty, go back to your course list.
- Open up your origin course, this is the course you will be copying the information FROM.
- Under course management, scroll down to Packages and Utilities and click on Course Copy.
- For Copy Type, there is only one option to choose from “Copy Course Materials into an existing course.
- For the destination course ID click on the browse button.
- A pop up window will appear. You can scroll through your list and click on your destination course (if you have a longer list click on show all). If your list is lengthy. Searching the courses by semester will be easier, this will allow you to see all the courses by semester. To search by semester s2017 for spring, f2017 for fall, u2017 for summer, and I2017 for intermission in the box.
- Click on your destination course and then, in the pop up window, click submit.
- We normally recommend clicking on “Select all” to copy over all the content. If there is something you do not wish to copy over, you can uncheck that particular box.
- For the discussion board, always choose “include only the forums option” unless you want to include the starter post for each thread.
- Scroll down and click submit.
- At the top of the page you will see a green bar with a message that reads “Success: course copy action queued. An email will be sent when the process is complete”
- Go back to your course list. Next to your destination course you will see that the course copy is running. Open up the Destination course.
- An orange bar will appear at the top of the page. It will, either saying the course copy is waiting, running, or complete.
- Once it reads complete, go ahead and refresh the page.
- Now you are able to rearrange the order of the tabs or delete duplicate tabs if needed.
- If you are wanting to view details about the course copies, scroll down under packages and utilities and click on Import Package/ View Logs.
- You can see how many course copies have been completed for that course by how many logs are listed.