VoiceThread is a web-based application that allows students and instructors to create, comment on and share presentations. With Blackboard integration, FHSU faculty and students can sign up and sign-in for VT accounts at no cost.
VoiceThread is a web-based application, so there is no software to install. The only system requirements are an up-to-date version of Adobe Flash, a supported web browser and high-speed internet connection.
To enable VoiceThread accounts for you and for your students through Bb:
- Go to one of your Blackboard Course shells where you would like to use VT
- Select the content area where you want to place the Sign-up link
- Click on “Build Content” and choose “VoiceThread”
- Fill out a name for the link such as “SignUp here for VoiceThread”. DO NOT add a description in the text editor box, otherwise the link will break.
If you want to explain VoiceThread for your students, you can use the below text to paste it into an item or an announcement/email:
- Open this link in a new window/tab (click on the right button on the mouse then choose Open in a New Tab/Window)
- A new window will open and the system will create a VoiceThread account for you automatically.
- You will be able to see that you have an account now by locating your email address in the top right corner.
- Close that window and come back to your Bb course after refreshing your screen. Now the system will recognize that you have a VT account. You will be able to comment on VT videos in this class. You will be asked to add an image to your profile; please upload a photo of yourself to be used as an avatar.
- PS: You have to do this process only once. You can use the same link to signin to VT next time you enter your course in Bb.
5 . Click “Submit”
The VT Sign-up link will look like this:
Questions? Contact TigerTech at 785-628-3478. FACULTY ONLY email firstname.lastname@example.org.