Statistics Tracking at the content item level allows Instructors to view detailed statistics on content item usage for all course users. These detailed statistics can help Instructors determine how many times the particular content item was viewed and exactly when it was accessed.
Turning Statistics Tracking On and Off
The Instructor can turn Statistics Tracking on from the Manage page of any content item:
- Select the double arrow next to an item in the Content Area. The current status is displayed on this page. Select Tracking. The Statistics Tracking page appears.
- Select Enable/Disable Tracking.
- Select Enable to turn tracking on and click submit.
To disable Statistics Tracking, follow the same steps as above. In Step 3 select Disable on the Enable/Disable Tracking page.
Viewing Statistics for a Content Item
When Statistics Tracking is enabled, the View Statistics link is active on the Statistics Tracking page. (This link is displayed, but not in an active state, if Statistics Tracking is not enabled for the content item.)
Follow the steps below to view statistics for a content item:
- Select the double arrow next to an item in the Content Area. The current status is displayed on this page.
- Select View Statistics Report on the Statistics Tracking page.
3. Click on the double arrow and select Run
4. Select the format (PDF, HTML, Excel or Word) for the report.
5. Select the appropriate users. Press CTRL or SHIFT to select more than one user from the list.
6. Select the Time Period for the report (be sure to use the calendar icon to select dates)
7. Select Submit to run the report.
The report displays three sections of data: Access by Date, Access by Hour of the Day, and Access by Day of the Week. The Access by Date section displays information for all enrolled users.