Joining & Starting Meetings from a Zoom Room
Join a Zoom Room with calendar integration
1. Tap the scheduled topic on the meeting list on the controller.
2. Tap Start.
Join an existing meeting
1. Tap Join on the controller.
2. Enter the Meeting ID or personal link name.
3. Tap Join to enter the meeting.
Create an instant meeting
1. Tap the New Meeting icon on the controller.
2. Tap the Invite button, or alternatively, tap Participants then Invite.
Invite Others to Join a Meeting in a Zoom Room
Invite by contacts
1. Tap the Contacts tab on the controller.
2. Select Zoom Rooms, SIP/H.323 rooms, or company contacts you want to invite from the controller.
3. Tap Invite.
Invite by email
1. Tap the Email tab on the controller.
2. Enter the email addresses you want to invite. If you’re adding multiple participants, add a space to separate email addresses.
3. Tap Send Invitation.
Sharing your Screen in a Zoom Room
Participants in Zoom Rooms can use one-click direct sharing from their mobile device or Zoom desktop client (macOS or Windows). Direct share with or without proximity detection.
Direct share by Proximity Detection uses ultrasonic sound generated by the controller and is detected by your laptop or mobile device’s microphone. An admin must enable this feature.
- Start or join a meeting using the Zoom Rooms controller.
- In the Zoom desktop client or mobile app, click or tap Share screen.
- Select what you want to share, then click or tap Share. Your shared screen will show on the Zoom Rooms display.
Direct share by entering a Sharing Key, which consists of typing in a string of characters. Use this option if proximity detection is not available.❗Note: If you share by this method, you will share your entire screen/desktop. Use direct sharing with proximity or share.zoom.us if you want to select what you want to share.
1. Start or join a meeting using the Zoom Rooms controller.
2. Click the Share Content button on the controller in the Zoom Room.
3. The controller and the TV in the Zoom Room will display the Share Screen panel with instructions for sharing a screen including the Sharing key and Meeting ID.
4. Enter the Sharing Key or Meeting ID, then click Share (desktop) or tap OK (mobile).
Screen share from a browser on your laptop or mobile device to the Zoom Rooms display.
1. Visit share.zoom.us.
2. Enter the meeting ID and click Share Screen.
3. Select which screen or application you’d like to share and click Share.
Apple screen mirroring (also known as AirPlay on iOS 11 or earlier) is a one-click method to share content from an iOS device to a Zoom Room. This uses the AirPlay bonjour protocol to communicate between a Zoom client on macOS/iOS and a Zoom Room. An admin must enable this feature.
1. Swipe down from the upper right-hand corner of your iOS device to bring up the control center.
2. Tap Screen Mirroring.
3. Select the Zoom Room name.
4. Enter the passcode shown on your Zoom Room screen. This will share your iOS display to the Zoom Room TV screen.